Sunday 29 November 2015

My December Daily album - favourite Christmas movies and stories

I'm continuing on with sharing more pages from my December Daily album with you today. As mentioned previously, I am not documenting my December in the traditional way taught by December Daily pioneer, Ali Edwards. I have instead decided to scrapbook 20 Christmas Traditions that are important to my family and I.

Two essential parts of the festive season for my partner, my children, and myself are watching Christmas movies and reading/telling Christmas stories so of course I had to devote a couple of pages to these traditions in my December Daily album. Here's what the foundation pages for these traditions looks like in my album...


And here is a photo of the finished layout in the album...


There are so many Christmas movies that we love that it's hard to list them all! I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them myself and they never fail to put me in a Christmassy mood. The most favourite film in our little family is The Polar Express, so I had to include a picture of the DVD cover in this December Daily spread. No words can describe how much we love that movie! It embodies the spirit of Christmas perfectly!



Elf and The Santa Clause have also become favourites with all of us, especially in recent years as my kids have outgrown the teeny-tiny-kid stage. When my kids were little they loved this Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer cartoon movie (first released in 1998). They'd watch it over and over. You know what my favourite is, along with The Polar Express? The Muppets version of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol...I adored The Muppets when I was a kid so I can't resist that movie!


Now that my kids are older, we no longer read the stories together that they loved so much when they were little, but I still wanted to include them in my album for prosperity (and maybe also because they and I do still sneak a read of them when no-one's looking ;D). Twas the Night Before Christmas was always my absolute favourite as a child. The book I had was dog-eared and torn and even though I kept it, I bought a new one when my oldest child was a baby so that my kids would have their own copy to pass onto their children. I am yet to find a new copy of The Elves and the Shoemaker which was also a childhood favourite of mine. I may have to go searching for that one and put it away with our other Christmas books. My hope is that my kids will read these same books to their own children one day. I'm sure I will enjoy reading them with my grandchildren too.

Disclaimer: you may have noticed by now that I am one who likes to layer and embellish when I scrapbook. I don't know why...it's just what I do. I try to do simpler pages and I just cannot for the life of me help but load them with little bits and pieces. Colour is one thing I am obsessed with too so as many colours that I can get on the one page or card, the better. I almost always embellish my stock Project Life cards in the same way that I have with my December Daily ones, be it with a few stickers, some enamel dots, alphas, labels, ephemera, etc. I love how this pocket-page method of scrapbooking especially can be whatever you want it to be. You can do whatever you are drawn to, whatever suits your own style. You do you!

Now after talking about Christmas movies and stories I am feeling all nostalgic and very excited for Christmas! Memories...aren't they wonderful things? I hope you have a lovely day and I'll see you again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment